Defining and Managing Project Requirements—Instructor-Led Virtual
One of the measures of project success is customer (stakeholder) satisfaction. But how do you accurately measure and manage requirements that seem so intangible, especially when the success of the whole project depends on it? This unique course combines the requirements-related processes from PMI's PMBOK® Guide (Project Management Body of Knowledge) and IIBA's BABOK® Guide (Business Analysis Body of Knowledge) into an easy, six-step process. In addition to Tricks of the Trade® for eliciting requirements, this course also offers templates designed to obtain BETTER requirements—as well as techniques for gaining cooperation from managers, customers and all stakeholders throughout the requirements process.
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the foundational concepts of defining and managing requirements.
- Recognize the difference between requirements and expectations.
- Gather accurate requirements EARLY in the project.
- Determine metrics needed for requirements planning and management.
- Effectively identify and manage stakeholders.
- Manage requirements-related conflict.
- Utilize tricks and tips to elicit better requirements.
- Distinguish between Product Scope and Project Scope.
- Introduction of Fundamental Concepts
- The Six Steps
- Determine Scope
- Identify Stakeholders
- Elicit Requirements
- Tricks for Requirements Planning
- Tricks to Elicit Requirements
- Analyze and Document Requirements
- Manage Requirements
- Project Closure
- Wrap Up and Action Plan
* This is an interactive course, designed to allow participants to improve expertise by participating in exercises, and by using various sample templates provided in the course. Participants will also have an opportunity to share their knowledge on the topic of Requirements with other business analysts and project managers.
FEATURED BOOK: Seven Steps to Mastering Business Analysis by Barbara A. Carkenord
Seven Steps to Mastering Business Analysis will help build the skill sets of new and experienced analysts, and those currently doing analysis work including project managers, system analysts, product managers and business development professionals.
ARTICLE: What Are the CCBA® and CBAP® Certifications?
If you are a business analyst looking to receive formal recognition of your expertise and experience, International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®) offers two credentials you should consider.
ONLINE TOOL: Do I Qualify for a Credential?
One of the biggest hurdles in qualifying for a BA credential is Work Experience. Our free Experience Calculator will help define, track and categorize career experiences, and help you choose a certification path.
FREE WEBINAR: Becoming a Certified Business Analyst
Delivered by Barbara A. Carkenord, this previously recorded webinar provides an overview of the two internationally-recognized Business Analysis certifications, and features a free Q&A PDF download.
For Corporate Pricing or to Schedule a Training Needs Assessment, Please Contact:
Ken Mulcahy • Onsite Training Specialist • (952) 846-4484 x410 • firstname.lastname@example.org
* Discounts Available for Federal, State and Local Government Agencies
Register for this Course
|Time:||9am to 4pm CST|
Apr. 4th, 2017 (Register)