PMI-PBA® Exam Prep—Instructor-Led Classroom
This course is designed to help you prepare for the PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)® examination, offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI®). Developed by BA training industry founder Barbara A. Carkenord, this course will improve your business analysis skills, help you gain an understanding of exam concepts, and significantly decrease your after-class study time.
The focus of this course will be to map each student's personal business analysis experience with the exam situations presented in class, with the goal of significantly increasing each student's exam score. Unique features of this course include exercises, case studies, study tips, and other tools to help you understand—not just memorize—the concepts necessary to pass the exam. This course includes the complete PMI-PBA® Exam Prep System, a $299 value, for free as part of course materials. This Exam Prep System contains one of each of three products—a PMI-PBA® Exam Prep textbook, a copy of BA FASTrack® Exam Simulation Software and one copy of Hot Topics Flashcards.
At the conclusion of this course, students will:
- Exactly what to expect on the exam.
- Understand the knowledge and experience requirements for passing the PMI-PBA® certification exam.
- Have a firm grasp of key project management and business analysis terminology used on the exam.
- Know the areas on the PMI-PBA exam that are the most difficult to answer correctly.
- Find and fill personal gaps in business analysis knowledge and experience.
- Develop and execute a personalized study plan for preparing for the exam.
- Reduce their after-class study time.
- PMI-PBA Exam Prep Overview
- What is the PMI-PBA?
- What are the sources used to develop the exam?
- How to create a study plan to pass the exam
- How to analyze exam questions and find "THE" correct answer
- Key Concepts
- What is a project? What is a program?
- What is business analysis?
- Who are the key stakeholders?
- PM/BA Collaboration and Reporting Structure
- What is a Life Cycle?
- What is a Baseline?
- Change Control Process
- Requirements: Types and States
- PMI-PBA Examination Contents Overview
- PMI-PBA® Domains
For each domain of the PMI-PBA® examination, the course covers the business analysis work outlined in the domain along with the most commonly used tools and techniques used to accomplish the work.
- Needs Assessment – This domain highlights the importance of evaluating business problems, opportunities, and ideas for changes through the use of business case analysis, value propositions, stakeholder analysis, and clarifying the business objectives and benefits expected from the project results.
- Business Analysis Planning – A subset of project management planning, this domain includes the necessary preparation for business analysis work, establishing tools, policies, and procedures for requirements management, traceability, change control, and acceptance criteria, using factors such as project type, stakeholder location, and solution type.
- Analysis (referred to as Elicitation and Analysis in the Practice Guide) – This domain covers the critical thinking activities that include requirements elicitation techniques (e.g. interviewing, workshops, surveys), analysis and modeling techniques (e.g. data modeling, use cases, user stories), and validation and approval of requirements.
- Traceability and Monitoring – This domain focuses on managing requirements through the project life cycle, including linking requirements to related requirements, tracking status, managing changes, and making sure that all requirements tie back to a business objective.
- Evaluation (referred to as Solution Evaluation in the Practice Guide) – This domain includes making sure that the solution, as designed and built, will truly bring value to the business using testing techniques, acceptance criteria, and gaining stakeholder signoff.
- Test Strategy
- Types of questions
- How to take the exam
- RMC's list of what you should focus on
- Building your personalized study plan
- Are you ready to take the exam?
- Taking the PMI-PBA exam
- Appendix: General Business Analysis Competencies
FEATURED BOOK: Seven Steps to Mastering Business Analysis by Barbara A. Carkenord
Seven Steps to Mastering Business Analysis will help build the skill sets of new and experienced analysts, and those currently doing analysis work including project managers, system analysts, product managers and business development professionals.
ARTICLE: RMC Spotlight: An Inside Look at the IIBA®'s New Certification Program
In 2006, The International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®) created the Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®) and in 2011 added the Certificate of Competency in Business Analysis™ (CCBA®). As of September 2016, this two-tier system has been replaced by a more comprehensive four level, competency-based certification program for business analysis professionals. This whitepaper breaks down each of the four levels by focusing on what you need to know.
ONLINE TOOL: Do I Qualify for a Credential?
One of the biggest hurdles in qualifying for a BA credential is Work Experience. Our free Experience Calculator will help define, track and categorize career experiences, and help you choose a certification path.
FREE WEBINAR: Becoming a Certified Business Analyst
Delivered by Barbara A. Carkenord, this previously recorded webinar provides an overview of the two internationally-recognized Business Analysis certifications, and features a free Q&A PDF download.
For Corporate Pricing or to Schedule a Training Needs Assessment, Please Contact:
Ken Mulcahy • Onsite Training Specialist • (952) 846-4484 x410 • email@example.com
* Discounts Available for Federal, State and Local Government Agencies
Register for this Course
|Audience:||Business Analysts, Project Managers, Agile Professionals||Hours:||21|
|Time:||1st Day: 9am to 4pm CST
2nd Day: 9am to 4pm CST
3rd Day: 9am to 4pm CST