Business Analysis Fundamentals
Learn Critical BA Tasks and Techniques—3 Days, 21 Hours
Whether or not your title is "Business Analyst", business analysis work is expected from project managers, quality assurance professionals, and pretty much everyone in the organization. It is a complex and broad discipline! This course outlines the critical tasks included in the business analysis profession, along with definitions and examples of the various requirements types. It will also cover key analysis techniques for eliciting, analyzing and presenting requirements.
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Define the major tasks included in business analysis work.
- Describe the difference between project work and Enterprise Analysis.
- Describe and give examples of different types of requirements.
- Elicit, analyze and document the scope of a solution.
- Plan business analysis work based on the characteristics of the project.
- Practice several analysis techniques and know where to use them.
- Business analysis as a discipline
- Overview of business analysis tasks
- Practice defining terms used in requirements
- Define methodologies and processes where business analysis tasks are used
- Stakeholder Analysis and Communications
- Learn the importance of building and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Learn six techniques for eliciting requirements
- Learn techniques for developing detailed questions for stakeholders
- Improve your requirements note taking and presentation skills
- Understand the value of consensus building
- Project Work
- Learn three techniques to define solution scope
- Practice planning business analysis work
- Learn to analyze and manage requirements
- Data analysis
- Process analysis
- Business rule analysis
- Understand the role of the BA in solution design
- Analyze solution interfaces
- Understand the concept of verification and validation of the solution
- Develop a plan to assure smooth implementation of solution
- Enterprise Analysis
- Learn to develop business models to understand the business
- Assess true business risks and needs
- Practice drafting a strong business case
- Learn to identify and recommend projects
- Learn the importance of supporting the enterprise architecture
- Measure and improve BA performance
- Learn to detail and categorize requirements
- Business and stakeholder requirements
- Functional and non-functional requirements
- Transition requirements
- Understand the concept of Requirements Asset Management
- Learn to detail and categorize requirements
Students receive a copy of the Business Analysis Fundamentals Workbook, and supplemental materials that provide the exercises and case studies that are used and referenced throughout the class. As an Endorsed Education Provider for IIBA, students will also receive a copy of the A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide).
FEATURED BOOK: Seven Steps to Mastering Business Analysis by Barbara A. Carkenord
Seven Steps to Mastering Business Analysis will help build the skill sets of new and experienced analysts, and those currently doing analysis work including project managers, system analysts, product managers and business development professionals.
ARTICLE: RMC Spotlight: An Inside Look at the IIBA®'s New Certification Program
In 2006, The International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®) created the Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®) and in 2011 added the Certificate of Competency in Business Analysis™ (CCBA®). As of September 2016, this two-tier system has been replaced by a more comprehensive four level, competency-based certification program for business analysis professionals. This whitepaper breaks down each of the four levels by focusing on what you need to know.
ONLINE TOOL: Do I Qualify for a Credential?
One of the biggest hurdles in qualifying for a BA credential is Work Experience. Our free Experience Calculator will help define, track and categorize career experiences, and help you choose a certification path.
FREE WEBINAR: Becoming a Certified Business Analyst
Delivered by Barbara A. Carkenord, this previously recorded webinar provides an overview of the two internationally-recognized Business Analysis certifications, and features a free Q&A PDF download.
For Corporate Pricing or to Schedule a Training Needs Assessment, Please Contact:
Ken Mulcahy • Onsite Training Specialist • (952) 846-4484 x410 • firstname.lastname@example.org
* Discounts Available for Federal, State and Local Government Agencies
Request More Information
|Type:||Core BA Training|
|Audience:||Business Analysts, Project Managers, Team Members|
|Duration:||3 Days – 8:00 am to 4:00 pm|